View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM
donna13350

I've grown roses for decades...and it does look like Joseph's Coat, to me...it is known for changing colors from bud to bloom. Heat, cold, humidity, and other factors can also affect how it changes, and if at all it changes. If it turns out to be a bush rose and not a climber, then it's probably Double Delight...it looks a lot more like the latter to me.
As a new rose grower, the first thing you should do is get on a rose forum..there are many good ones and you can learn a lot from them.
The second(and too late) bit of advice is that roses in the plastic bags at the box stores (we call them "body bags" for good reason LOL) are notorious for being mismarked and diseased...better to go with a reputable company and get a good rose to start with. I only mention this because you didn't say where you got them, and if indeed you did purchase a body bag, chances are good that it will not make it through it's first winter, or if it does, it will die of rose virus in the next year or so...and you will be looking for replacements.