View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Macybaby

Default My "new" White should be here today!

Tracking says it's on the FedEx truck from Sioux Falls for delivery. They usually show up by 10 am. Ours gets put on the truck for Mitchell, and since we're 12 miles east, I get my stuff first!

This should be the model of the machine my Mom had when I was learning to sew. We also had the old Singer 201 that us kids (all 11) had to learn on, and when we got good enough, then we might be allowed to use the newer machine (its had cams for fancy stitches).

I know I sewed on that machine, but I couldn't recall it at all - but I found a note card in with my Mom's sewing stuff that listed the model number, needle size and a few other items, along with finding a lot of White marked needles and class 15 bobbins, which this machine takes.

I showed pictures to my older sisters that also sewed quite a bit, and they said it looked familiar, but no one could say "yes, that is for sure it!" My mom used that machine to make a lot of clothing for us kids when we were growing up.

This machine comes serviced, with all the accessories. I'm looking forward to sewing on it to see if that brings back any memories.