Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Sandygirl

I think you have plenty of humans to deal with, IMHO. If the dogs are left alone all day long five days a week, perhaps...but not sure what your household would be like with toddlers, etc. in the home. Which dog do you currently have? Quite a size difference between the ones mentioned. "Who" really is pitching the 2 dog household? I am suspecting other agendas here. Think this through and since it sounds like YOU are the head of the household, your vote counts more. Sorry.

1/4 acre is not a lot of space for a husky. They are bred to RUN. Not fair to a sled dog to be confined. Electric fences are not foolproof either. I suspect that the Husky is not the dog of the house nor is it living there already if you are considering accommodating a request. Hmmmm.

Btw, it is just me and my DH, two dogs of similar size, large fenced in yard with a dog door. Works for us. But we are not sharing our home with adult children (who come and go as they please...likely) and small children who need to be watched around pets for safety reasons. You have a lot of human dynamics in your home.

sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 08-02-2014 at 07:04 AM.