Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Mouskalollie

Dorrie, thank you for posting this. I have what is known as Essential Tremors, a progressive movement disorder that causes rhythmic shaking of the hands, head and voice. I have good and bad days. Reading all of these tips will help me to cut and sew better. None of my stuff is perfect when I am done but that's ok! I'm not perfect so they are perfect for me. The people who get one of my quilts know what I have but they don't care because the quilts are made with love. I just finished a rag quilt for Hunter, one of my grandsons. His older brother has one and he has been wanting his own "Lollie" blanket. (They call me Lollie and grandpa Pop) I have just started quilting again after having to stop for 3 years because of health issues. This was the first I've completed since then. The look on his face when I brought it out was priceless and then "a Lollie blanket for ME?????" He doesn't care that some of the seams are off or that I had to change the pattern halfway through cause I messed up. He just knows that Lollie made it for him and that is all that matters.

Lollie