View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
dojo36

Originally Posted by wendiq
Lisa, I have the 6600, but I do not know about this "special bobbin". Can you tell me more? Thank you. I do some FMQ and only once in a while, get the lashes. Not sure why. I rethread and slow down which helps. Sometimes, it's walk away for a few hours......LOL!
ok here's a pic of the special bobbin holder, it's set at the factory to a different tension set just for fmq on the 6600. it has a little blue mark on it instead of the red mark. the other side i put fingernail polish on. it made the world of different for me, i then set my speed on the slide thing to about three fourths of maximum then push the foot pedal all the way and it won't go any faster than you have that slide thing set. then try to move your fabric at a constant speed. do the above and i bet you won't ever have any eyelashes again. i don't. hope this helps you as much as it did me. i think the new bobbin holder with the blue arrow retails for about $40.00. but after using it and forget to put the original one back in, you absolutely cannot sew with the blue marked one, it does make a difference.
donna
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61732.jpe