Thread: That darn cat
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:52 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

here's teh kenmore I have. I got this about 3 to 4 weeks before your post on kenmore.. like you sreached, but only found that they used this name 3 or 4 years, Didn't find anything in needle bar. every thing I found was in sears archives..

only real difference betwen the two that I saw was the handcrank, mines bobbin winder is mount as a part of the crank housing. and uses a gear that ingauges to the gear inside the crank housing..

two screws hold the crank on, so when off the machine, it crank and bobbin winder as a unit.. ofcourse there bases are not the same..

I can't blame cat on this one, I waited almost 4 months for this local goodwill to drop the price, low enough to haggle over. they dropped it from 80 to 60 during that time, course no buyers, ayear before she and I had a bit of a discusion on what a handcrank sewing machine is ( not because it has a big wheel on the end ) knowing that at this time she'd know the difference and remember that. I offered $40 USD on the spot , cash. she said ok with a red face LOL..

I'm sure there is not a whole lot of these around