That darn cat

Old 07-31-2014, 06:35 PM

Default That darn cat

I have a homeless cat, after 8 yrs of hanging around here. she thinks it's my job to supply the food..

well she eat all hers up two days ago, I wasn't going to town (14 miles ) til sat. About 12;30 today I get this look as if she's going to pass out from hunger. You know the look.

so I need some chain saw oil, away I go . This is the big dunebuugy weekend here, millions of people traveling this hyway. oh boy I see a yard sale in the middle of no where .. I did spend $2 there ..

Take care of the oil and cat chow. leaving that town is a shopee / junk store ...I know she has two treadle stands but never ask her the price. I ask.

Nowwwww, were talking sewing machines, she tells me about another lady that has this same type store and she's quiting selling out...she has very nice thing in her store . But. at her home is a shop full of junk AND there's a old falling apart treadle stand and machine there .. There's a bit more .

also this is a country area the town may have 800 people. as it happens the guy cleaning and setting up a sale from the house was just there, I chased him down we go look,

this treadle machine turns out to be an american sewing machine co, stand, with a wood planner mount on top, the peddle and flywheel is gone.. but there's a dome top case sitting there , which has a free westinghouse VS machine inside with all the goodies, it looked very good as far as color and decals. $20 passed on thos I have that same type machine, different name.. But there is this rusted out New Home in a very old home made base. when ask how much , he said take it, you gave me a ride home, he was riding a bike today it's over 90 degrees.

on the way I went back to the shopee to show N tell the lady with my happy face..

Oh boy now the big score , she tells me the story, most has already been sold,

what she has left is 13 pairs of mens pants HUGE pants like size 50+ there Dickies, keys and carharts, so denim blue and black, There huge pants some are new, the rest very close to being new, I know very well there a good two kings sized quilts in these..

There price was $6.50 usd

all this because of that Homeless cat, anyone want a cat !!

I had a fun day, Thank you cat . O cats name is " cat" or rat cat

I bought this for that cat so she could learn to whistle while you work or I work

seems like someone has posted this same machine, There's an S on the bottom. wonder if it's a standard

Don't laugh ( to much ) I payed $5 for a New Home 15 x's rustier than this is , it now works

This one was free.. most the treadles I have started out about like this one

Old 07-31-2014, 06:39 PM

What a hidden treasure! Your story made me chuckle!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 PM

I want cry, It's think cat learns drive and go get her food. That cat has caused me more work, now I have to go back to the shopee and buy the new home stand, make more denim quilts. stop myself from going after the
free westinghouse ( very good price on that)

The treasure was those pants, she had already gotten rid of 40+ pairs to a place that buy pants for recycle, like carpet pad and paper

I love that homeless cat
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

How about a picture of that cat?

It seems like she's not completely homeless??
Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM

Now now, this is teh internet, If I put up a pic of cat, then an internet cat stealer would come after her ...beside she needs a bath, I don't think she ever takes one..

She is to homeless, but two weeks ago she started sneaking in just before dark and hidding in a back bedroom, then about an hour after I get up, she staggers out still half asleep looking for food..
I will say she is a good cat, she trades dead things for chinese cat food
Old 07-31-2014, 08:28 PM

LOL@ Internet cat stealer!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 AM

You sound like a riot to be around! Loved your story but what state do you live in?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 AM

Everyone needs a quilt inspector. That is your kitties job. And it sounds like after 8 years, that she is your kitty quilt inspector. Thanks for taking care of her. There are too many homeless kitties out there.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:16 PM

Loved the story, the door stop thing.........pass vintage I think.......
Old 08-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Loved your story. I would also love your cat, the quilt inspector,