View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 03:32 PM
MFord

I have lived with chronic depression and anxiety for almost my whole life (I had symptoms as a child that are associated with mental illness). I've been hospitalized twice, been suicidal once, and have had a whole lot of questions as to whether life is worth living. After many kinds of treatment I am fairly stable now. I also began developing chronic pain 30 years ago which has resulted in many trips to the doctor, two surgeries, and two more coming eventually.

I would take the physical pain in a heartbeat over the mental and emotional pain I experienced for many years. Physical pain can be seen by others, and most people are always willing to give you a little emotional support for it. But you can't tell anyone that your brain hurts so badly you'd almost be willing to give up all the people you love just to have it stop. Can you imagine how much physical pain you'd have to be in to be willing to lose your life to stop it? That's what deep depression does to a person, and some people get to where it's too much.

I grieve for Robin William's family - he himself is at peace. And I pray for everyone who has this illness, and for the people who care for them.

Margaret Ford
I hope it was okay to share this much. I'll try to mostly talk about quilting!