View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Silver Needle

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
I have used both. Best Press has an ingredient that allows it to penetrate the fibers of the fabric faster and so you can press without mess more quickly. I also notice that my iron doesn't get gunky from Best Press like it does from starch. The fabric that I use Best Press on doesn't seem as stiff as when I use starch. It could be that I am using less Best Press however since the cost is so much higher that I'm more careful how much I spray.

When I am starching a larger piece of fabric then I use starch. I use the non aerosol Niagra. I spray the fabric and roll it up and let it rest before I press. If I'm pressing seams and want a little crispness to it or smaller pieces of fabric I use Best Press as I can spray and press right away. I bought a small bottle at a beauty supply store (Sally's) that is meant for hairspray that I use to spray. It gives a much finer mist so my Best Press lasts longer. I buy it in the bottle without the sprayer as it is more economical that way.
So encouraging to see someone else has picked up on my idea about the little spray bottles. If you use coupons from Joann's to get your Best Press it decreases the cost even further.