Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Dedemac

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I am giggling! Carefully searching through my mothers tomato pincushion was always my job as a child. I had forgotten about how much fun it was to gently squeeze that little bugga-boo until all the missing needles were recovered. Got some good pokes from time to time but I thought I was being a big girl helper when I recovered a selection of needles for my mom.
That was my job with my GGM, she was a seamstress. I still check my tomato once a year when I am getting low on needles.

Originally Posted by sassysews2 View Post
recently dh was laying in front of the tv & asked "what is that on the carpet", seeing a line of what looked like sawdust I looked around and found a "tomato skin" wet & obviously chewed on. Our yorkie puppy had got hold of a pincushion and chewed it to bits. I picked up all the pins & over 50 old needles with a magnet out of the carpet. Later found more & a couple caught in the vacuum roll & hose. The pin cushion was old & I never used it for needles, they were all INSIDE . Puppy was ok luckily, don't know how she kept from swallowing one or get one in her mouth or gums.
Never had our dog eat my tomato but my DH is the one that always finds my needles, usually with his feet.