View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 06:47 AM
soman2

Recently and reluctantly I parted ways with my 29-4. It was made in 1916 one of 4000 made in lot and was in overall good shape although it had a lot of paint overspray on it. It had one broken tab on the leg which I was able to fabricate and braze as a replacement. I sandblasted the frame and sprayed it with DTM semi-gloss black which mimicked the original finish. I spent several hours gently removing the overspray and all the decals were still there. The machine worked flawlessly and was the centerpiece of my collection and quite a conversation piece also. A good friend of mine had an old Adler that was close in looks that finally gave out and was too expensive to have parts machine to fix it. Knowing that I had a full working 29-4, he asked if I would considering selling it. Since I did not use it and my wife was not all that happy with this monster in our den on display and Paul in need of one in his business, I decided to sell. He had a few machines lying around his shop and we agreed on a deal. I accepted 2 singer's with cabinet, 2-1950's Kenmore's a 29-4 base and $600 cash. He was happy with the deal and everybody won and my wife was glad to clear out the den .

Rodney in Ponchatoula,La.