View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 10:55 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Some fun responses, techniques here. :-! I am one to always let the answering machine get the call if I do not recognize the number , if it turns out I do want to talk to the person I can pick up, if its one of those scammer calls I have a recording of it when I report it (and, yes, I do take the time to report any threatening, or asking for financial info calls) most of the time the telemarketers just hang up without talking.We had one at work a week ago, a foreigner claiming they were working for the IRS & issuing an arrest warrant immediately for (my client who is 90 with Alzheimer's) for
tax fraud (and, have a nice day) I listened to it then used my cellphone to call the FCC - that way I was able to play the message for the investigator.
Always remember folks, the IRS does not call you, they send you letters.... Then, if necessary, a federal marshal will just show up, they don't call & give you opportunity to get away. :-) the FCC investigator said to never return the call, or call back a number that the scammer leaves, that verifies your number for them. And, of course never give out any personal information - don't even verify your name or phone number.

Last edited by ckcowl; 08-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.