View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 05:25 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
I have one.... I got a call from a woman asking for Steven ***....i said, "sorry, you have a wrong number" and hung up. The phone rang again immediately. I answered and the woman said "you hung up on me- i want to talk to Steven ***" I said "yes, i hung up because there is no Steven here."
Her reply...."Well I think there is !!"
I won't tell you the rest - suffice to say it went down hill from there before I hung up again.
I've had 2 of those. One was a collection agency that kept calling and asking for Larry *****. I'd say there is no Larry ***** here. I"ve had this number for 15 years and there has never been a Larry ***** here. Finally, I just said "You've been calling here and this is not Larry *****'s number. Please don't call anymore" and the guy says "Okay, but do you know Larry ******'s number?" I gave up. All I could think of was "I don't know Larry and if I ever meet him, I may strangle him"

The other one was the woman that called my cell phone looking for some doctor's office. I told her she had the wrong number and hung up. She calls back. I tell her she has the wrong number this is not doctor so-and-so's office. She calls back. I tell her 'this is the same person that you just talked to and it's not your doctor's office' and she says "I know I dialed the right number and this is the doctor's office and I want to make an appointment". My husband told me I should have just said "how is next Tuesday and 9:30?" and made her an appointment. lol