View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
She sort of copped out by simply fusing the whole thing instead of piecing it, didn't she. Maggie Malone's Book (5,500 Quilt Block Designs) has that same block listed as The Triple Star Quilt (p 337, 4392), not to be confused with what Quilters Cashe has as Triple Star.
Haven't been on here in awhile as way busy doing a lot of sewing and family history stuff. Had to reply after seeing this thread.
I agree Ghostrider. I contacted her way back when this first came out asking for the pattern. She said she had to charge for it as those members who agreed to send her a finished block in exchange for the pattern, did not do so. She was not happy about that. I had also told her I found the Triple Star block online (not Quilterscache block) and she said it wasn't the same as hers. I still disagree. Ironically, the link on the site that listed the Triple Star Block stopped working right after I mentioned it to her. Not saying that is why, but it was strange and confusing. She also copyrighted her block. Which confused me also, but if she was fusing the pattern instead of piecing, perhaps that is why she could copyright it? I was happy to send a copy of my pattern I got from her to anyone who asked for it, free of charge. I have mine started, sitting at the bottom of a tote somewhere as it wasn't that easy to do.