Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for pattern and instructions >

looking for pattern and instructions

looking for pattern and instructions

Old 08-25-2014, 06:27 AM

Default looking for pattern and instructions

A while back, there was a poster who called herself candlequilter. She had a beautiful pattern called Candlequilter Star. I had saved a picture of the block on my computer. Then when I actually got around to deciding making the block, I looked he up on the members list, so I could ask for the pattern, but I saw that she had been banned from this board. My question is: Does anyone know how I can get the pattern.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-25-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: pm
Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...k-t118779.html
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Thank You, dunster. I had saved the picture, but did not remember to save the instructions. I appreciate your help.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 AM

She sort of copped out by simply fusing the whole thing instead of piecing it, didn't she. Maggie Malone's Book (5,500 Quilt Block Designs) has that same block listed as The Triple Star Quilt (p 337, 4392), not to be confused with what Quilters Cashe has as Triple Star.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 AM

As a follow-up, there is a tute posted for the paper pieced version...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...l-t129056.html
but, of course, you need the patterns.

To that end, as recently as April of this year (2014), the patterns were available by contacting candlequilter via the email address posted on the longarm quilting page of her website, Candlequilter (dot) com.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:28 AM

It did finish as a nice block but it wasn't easy.........
Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
She sort of copped out by simply fusing the whole thing instead of piecing it, didn't she. Maggie Malone's Book (5,500 Quilt Block Designs) has that same block listed as The Triple Star Quilt (p 337, 4392), not to be confused with what Quilters Cashe has as Triple Star.
Haven't been on here in awhile as way busy doing a lot of sewing and family history stuff. Had to reply after seeing this thread.
I agree Ghostrider. I contacted her way back when this first came out asking for the pattern. She said she had to charge for it as those members who agreed to send her a finished block in exchange for the pattern, did not do so. She was not happy about that. I had also told her I found the Triple Star block online (not Quilterscache block) and she said it wasn't the same as hers. I still disagree. Ironically, the link on the site that listed the Triple Star Block stopped working right after I mentioned it to her. Not saying that is why, but it was strange and confusing. She also copyrighted her block. Which confused me also, but if she was fusing the pattern instead of piecing, perhaps that is why she could copyright it? I was happy to send a copy of my pattern I got from her to anyone who asked for it, free of charge. I have mine started, sitting at the bottom of a tote somewhere as it wasn't that easy to do.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM

I always wondered why we never saw a photo of her finished project. I did send her 2 star blocks but didn't hear anything back from her. Here is the paper pieced pattern. Ghostrider has already posted the tutorial. I didn't find it that difficult but I did have to be really careful. If you have any questions please PM me.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Candlequilter Star pattern.doc (337.5 KB, 157 views)
Old 11-04-2014, 09:42 AM

The Candlequilter Star block is a paper pieced pattern and it is definitely not the Triple Star pattern mentioned above. If you really look closely at those two patterns you will see the difference. Like so many other patterns there are similarities but the shape of the star in the overall block is the difference. How far the star points extend out and the angles that they make is the major difference. Yes at one point Candlequilter did post a simplified version by fusing the points but that was not the paper piece pattern. She did that only to show that if people thought the paper piece version was to hard they could accomplish the same effect by fusing the points on a block square. The Candlequilter Star block is an actual paper pieced pattern.