Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by barnbum
It's funny to think about this--on my next birthday, I will have been with hubby half my life. Wow.

Time flies when one's hubby spoils her terribly--or is that beautifully? ;) I have to say the last five years were easier than some in the middle. I'm thinking the next 10 ought to be a piece of cake. There's nothing left to argue about. Is there? :roll:

My grandparents were married 62 years. My in-laws just had their 50th. My son just got engaged. And life moves on.
I hope your second paragraph holds true for you. I learned in a sociology class a long time ago (college years) that every five years in a marriage brings a different set of challenges and that's usually when the problems arise (arguments, etc). Well, baby, if you're lucky enough to reach retirement years together, you're in for a surprise. Whoa. Talk about a whole new ballgame! The challenges are really something. But I must admit, it's getting better and better all the time. We just may survive this together.

:lol: :lol:

.{{{{{{{{Happy Anniversary!}}}}}}}}}
The 24/7 is the biggest challenge we have faced. It seems us ladies have an edge on that being we can keep ourselves productive with our house,yard, friends,hobbies. It is more difficult for a man I believe. It has been a big adjustment for Bill since He retired on disability. But He is now doing,going, with guy friend down the road. Who is also a Batchelor. they have Gardening in common and relate to each other very well. Yep all the other things that pop up in a marriage is usually done together,talking it out.Planning the next step. Discussing your Children,because you used to have angels and now they are Aliens. But the retirement is for the most part a do it yourself thing. You do things together but can't do that all the time. Have to have other outlets. WHEEEE!!!!! Thats my opinion.

:lol: