View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 05:42 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
When you don't recognize the number don't answer, its that simple. By answering you are saying "Yes, I like being annoyed by you". After awhile they take you off the call list because it's a lost it's waste of time and time is money. If you answer they think there's always that chance that you might say yes to whatever they are selling. So basically your making your own issues. You've no one to blame but yourself. Self control, patience and not answering will solve your problem. I had the same number call me for 6 months, once in the morning and once in the evening, they never left a message, I never answered. Finally they quit calling. It's like the guy that knocks on your door with a clipboard, you know he going to try to sell you something . I peek out the window, see the strange man with a clipboard and no vehicle in my drive, I'm not opening that door. He goes away! Magic! Now if he were holding balloon and a large check that would be different. Telemarketing companies have the research to prove that people do still fall for the old tricks. If people quit answering the phone they would eventually go out of business.
my husband works in construction industry for major multinational. frequently he calls and the CID says "unknown name, unknown number" ..i do a mental coin toss --is it him? is it the comapany & he's hurt? ..or is it another £#^{'¥>**# !!! telemarketer ... so ..i answer the phone. he doesn't know why the thing happens. he doesn't have anyone at this DOE jobsite to ask whyfor's of. we just deal w it. and the telemarketers get an ear full