View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Snooze2978

Did he have an Indian accent? They called me about a year ago with the same thing and I argued with them for a couple of hours, then finally allowed them to hook into my PC (yes I know very stupid). I even paid them a couple years worth of virus protection (yes, another stupid move) but I made them put up with me for over 6 hours on the phone. They continued to call me off and on but I'm now onto them and just hang up. Just got a call from them the other day so guess they're back at it again. One phone call last year they claimed to be an investigator working on these scams artists and could he come talk to me. I told him yes and then told one of my Elders at the Hall about it. They kept driving by the house all afternoon waiting to see if a strange car was in my drive way. The guy never showed up. I was hoping to get him here and then call the cops.

I just took my PC to my computer guy and he's cleaned all spyware off my PC so if they did install anything, its been removed.........hopefully. I still kick myself for being so stupid and even paying him money. Call it a "senior moment" though that's no excuse.

And yes, they have it rigged when they call you so you can't get the phone number they're calling from. I've even had my own phone number show up on the Caller I.D. but they miss spelled my name........DUH!!!!