View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:10 AM
romanojg

Just about every online site keeps a record of what you bought; even if they aren't visible like Emblibrary.com. The thing with all of them is that after a while designs are archived so if you don't have the right file name/number you won't be able to get them. I download all of my designs into a folder with the name of the site/company. I also have folders for all of my CD/flash designs with the names of the companies. This way, I know what company I got what from and have a back up copy plus the orginal file name if I ever have to contact the company and get a copy. The only time I order CD's is when that's the only option I have. After the orginal goes into folders with company names, I save a copy out to a folder under the correct category so its easier to find when I need it. I normally make two copies of the cd plus I also have a portable HD. Most of the normal sized laptops being sold still come with a cd drive, its usually the smaller ones that dont'. For that, yes I bought a portable cd drive because some of my designs or programs are on them and its the only way to get them onto my laptop. Good luck with your machine and do back up. There are lots of tutorials out there with different methods of organizine them. Floriani even sells a program for under 100 that you can store all of your designs in and when you open up the program it shows you a thumbnail of all of them. Its good when you know you have something but can't remember where you stored it at or the correct name.