Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery >

Machine Embroidery

Machine Embroidery

Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Machine Embroidery

I have been ordering designs for my Emb. machine and just downloading to my computer.. Thinking if My computer would crash I would lose them all. Some places ask if you want a CD sent to you. I'm not sure how that works as I have only had my machine awhile. Any advice would be so helpful.
Thanks Nena
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM

Once you download them, could you not save them or copies to a flash drive?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM

the CD is what you insert into your laptop computer. You can store your designs on USB sticks for your "back up". Are you ordering designs from online sources? I just create an email folder and store my designs in the folder. YOu can then access them from any PC.
sandy
Old 08-26-2014, 01:38 PM

Yes I have my designs in a folder (most of them) but would I not lose that if the computer crashed? Can I just burn them to a CD for back up?
Donna Jean . That's what I was wondering. Just did not want to lose them. lol I am new to all of this.
Thanks to both for your help.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:18 PM

I put all my designs on CDs so I have them if my laptop crashes.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:39 PM

You are so wise to think of backing up your designs!! Many embroiderers forget to back up their designs and then when their computer crashes they have lost everything... All my designs are backed up on a flash drive. Remember to add new designs to flash drive as you purchase them. You can burn them to a CD also.
Enjoy your new embroidery adventure!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by nena View Post
Yes I have my designs in a folder (most of them) but would I not lose that if the computer crashed? Can I just burn them to a CD for back up?
Donna Jean . That's what I was wondering. Just did not want to lose them. lol I am new to all of this.
Thanks to both for your help.
yes you can burn them to a cd and also some sites if you register and create an account will have all you orders embroidery library is one of them and sew weird is another she has really nice vintage designs if you like the hand sewn look
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM

I have tons of designs and they are on both computers, an external hard drive, a DVD, and flash drives. I have even made a copy of the DVD (as well as DVDs with my pictures) for my father to keep in his house, in the event of a catastrophe here. Better safe than sorry....
Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. Going to back up right now. Love the new machine. Only bought the Brother with the 4x4 hoop until I get comfy with it, but I already wish I had the 5x7 size and have only did a few things. lol
Old 08-26-2014, 03:19 PM

Some websites will have a record of what you ordered from them and have a place on their website where you can download them again. My computer crashed and I lost my embroidery designs and emailed the company I bought them from and they directed me to my design locations. Embroidery designs.com does this