Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery >

Machine Embroidery

Machine Embroidery

Old 08-26-2014, 05:18 PM

Use google drive its a free cloud storage and you can access from any computer. I use this and zip drives. Don't keep anything on my computer anymore but can still connect my machine to computer and access designs from google drive
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 PM

once you download them to your computer you can back them up on a cd yourself or a flash drive I backup my designs that way.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by nena View Post
Yes I have my designs in a folder (most of them) but would I not lose that if the computer crashed? Can I just burn them to a CD for back up?
Donna Jean . That's what I was wondering. Just did not want to lose them. lol I am new to all of this.
Thanks to both for your help.
yes you sure can I make two and I have the option to burn them and then add more later
Old 08-27-2014, 06:03 AM

I download to an external hard drive than move the design to a jump or floppy to stitch
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM

That's what I like about Emblibrary.com. They keep an order history of all designs for you. You can download them endless number of times. No need to copy or keep any other record at all. They also have monthly free designs, a large variety of designs, and each design has a page telling suggested colors and what each color of thread is used for in the design.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nena View Post
Thanks everyone for your help. Going to back up right now. Love the new machine. Only bought the Brother with the 4x4 hoop until I get comfy with it, but I already wish I had the 5x7 size and have only did a few things. lol
I did the same thing. I bought a Janome 200e because it has a little bigger hoop(5x5)than a similar priced Brother thinking it would be enough for me. 3 months later I was looking for a bigger machine. Now I have 2 machines and can't bring myself to sell the Janome. When the GKs are here I usually have both of them running. The kids call them Grammas magic machines.

Cari
Old 08-27-2014, 01:59 PM

I purchased two external hard drives last year during the "back to school sales". I copy everthing to both. One, I work off, by just transferring the designs I want to use. The other is at my best friends house, just in case my house goes up in flames. When I buy or download new designs, I copy those to a USB thumb drive and transfer those to the hard drive at her house. We do not live very far apart. She does the same thing, keeping one at my house.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 PM

I put all of my designs on a USB stick. I transfer the design I want to use to a 1 or 2GB stick to use directly on my Quattro. By putting it on a 1 or 2gb stick I don't have to search through my designs for the few I want to work with.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 PM

We have all our computer files backed up to Carbonite. There is a yearly fee but the backups are continual and automatic so this is one less thing I have to remember to do. Cheap insurance at twice the price but don't tell them I said that!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 PM

Definitely make a copy of them and store that copy. As others have mentioned, keep updating it as you buy more designs.