Thread: So Sad
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:47 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
This is interesting. I never thought about this problem. I bought a new computer last year with Windows 8 which I don't like. Now I'm wondering if my problem with downloading emb. designs then trying to use them on my emb. mach. is caused by Windows 8. If I download designs onto a flash drive even though they're all on the drive, my emb. mach. won't see all the designs on the drive. I have a Brother PE770. Luckily, I still have the old computer with XP and a really old laptop also with XP.
It may not be able to see all of the files if you don't have the right software installed. I just installed 5D Pro and EQ onto Win 8.1 and had to do it a few times. It installed but wouldn't open all modules. I had to uninstall and then reinstall. You might check when putting your flash drive in as well, sometimes you get a message popup saying installing drivers for it, let it do it automatically so that it knows what its reading. I almost took 8 back because its such a large learning curve but in a yr or two it'll be mandatory plus I work in the IT field and we will eventually switch to it when all the vendors are compliant with their programs. 8.1 is better than 8 and its free to update to 8.1. Also, Microsoft has some good tutorials for 8 that has helped find things.