So Sad

Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 PM

I was under the impression that most embroidery software programs had updates to accommodate newer computer o/s. When I went to to my present Windows7, I contacted my software company to get the update. I like my windows 7 and use it only, for my embroidery. My sister in law has the same embroidery program on her windows 8. The only real problem she has had is she knows nothing about computers, so I have been giving her lessons, with homework. I have to think when I have my computer sitting next to hers and I am going between the two. I do not think I will go to Windows 8, let's hope windows 9 is better.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 PM

My windows 7 operating system has a mode that allows me to run XP software. It's not perfect, but most of the stuff I put on the computer that is XP based seems to work.

C:\Program Files (x86)

Look in your user guide - which is probably not printed but in a file on your Windows 7 computer. good luck!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 PM

What I do, and hopefully in the future I won't have to change my ways when using older downloaded designs uploading to a new sewing machine. My Windows 7 laptop is only for sewing. Embroidery files, EQ7, EQ Stitch, any anything pertaining to patterns, scanned fabrics, etc. My PC is Vista. Both are compatible to my Babylock Ellegante, which takes PES or DST designs. When I download purchased designs, I unzip the file, open the unzipped file, and delete all the design formats that are not solely a jpeg or a PES, before moving the files to a designated embroidery file. Don't need to take up any more space if I can't use it. If a design is too large for my machine hoops, I resize it and save it before sending it to the machine. Wilcom Trusizer and Design Studio are all I need to use my thousands of designs on disks and an external drive. I won't be thrilled if this stops working because of OS changes.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 PM

I ran into the same problems. I still have a old laptop with xp. You should be able to buy a used laptop at a computer repair shop pretty cheap. At least better than a new machine. And if you have a older computer you could have the computer store to clean everything off it and reinstall windows xp. Wished you lived closer to me my daughter could do it for you. And you might fine a student at a schools that is into computers that would do it. But it can be done. Should be know more than $100 . Good luck