Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So Sad

Blog Entries
    I am so terribly sorry for you. I do hope you can get something that will help you. I don't have an embroidery machine or even a computerized machine, my newest machine is a Bernina 930. That is exactly why I refuse to get a computerized machine. All of the latest updates and programs are killers. It is understandable that a new version of something might not work on an older computer program, but the reverse is totally mind boggling. DH gave me anew computer for Christmas, with Windows 8.1 and now my older digital camera an picture programs for it won't work. I really miss my old computer I had xp on it. It is all about the money game and selling people new products because their old systems won't work with new versions. They never think or care that not everyone can afford new equipment at the drop of a hat, and may have lots of money invested in their older working equipment or programs.
    Last edited by Gerbie; 09-02-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Just wait til you have to use Windows 8!

Unfortunately, our older technologies are now like the old-timey farmhouse crank phone on the wall compared to the last of the basic cell phones.

Then when we have to move to the newest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy, it can be major heartache and confusion!
    Just ask your 7 year old grandchild to help you, see how that makes you feel!

Jan in VA
    __________________________________________________ __________________

OH Jan I so agree .. My 7,14,17 year old granddaughters know more techno geek stuff than I ever thought of .. My 17 year old granddaughter had to set up my smart phone for me then teach me how to use it.. Boy am I ever feeling old and worn out .. LOL :-)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

When I bought my laptop with windows 7 I got Windows 7 Pro because I needed to access XP files from the old computer. I don't know if this helps..... Joyce in Delaware

Blog Entries
    I bought an expensive phone that had windows 8, used it two weeks and took it back. It could not get the internet, and I have wifi in my home!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

And I just gave away my XP laptop. My BIL is going to put Lennox on it because he HATES Microsoft.

I was under the impression that most embroidery software programs had updates to accommodate newer computer o/s. When I went to to my present Windows7, I contacted my software company to get the update. I like my windows 7 and use it only, for my embroidery. My sister in law has the same embroidery program on her windows 8. The only real problem she has had is she knows nothing about computers, so I have been giving her lessons, with homework. I have to think when I have my computer sitting next to hers and I am going between the two. I do not think I will go to Windows 8, let's hope windows 9 is better.

My windows 7 operating system has a mode that allows me to run XP software. It's not perfect, but most of the stuff I put on the computer that is XP based seems to work.

C:\Program Files (x86)

Look in your user guide - which is probably not printed but in a file on your Windows 7 computer. good luck!
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    What I do, and hopefully in the future I won't have to change my ways when using older downloaded designs uploading to a new sewing machine. My Windows 7 laptop is only for sewing. Embroidery files, EQ7, EQ Stitch, any anything pertaining to patterns, scanned fabrics, etc. My PC is Vista. Both are compatible to my Babylock Ellegante, which takes PES or DST designs. When I download purchased designs, I unzip the file, open the unzipped file, and delete all the design formats that are not solely a jpeg or a PES, before moving the files to a designated embroidery file. Don't need to take up any more space if I can't use it. If a design is too large for my machine hoops, I resize it and save it before sending it to the machine. Wilcom Trusizer and Design Studio are all I need to use my thousands of designs on disks and an external drive. I won't be thrilled if this stops working because of OS changes.

Blog Entries
    I ran into the same problems. I still have a old laptop with xp. You should be able to buy a used laptop at a computer repair shop pretty cheap. At least better than a new machine. And if you have a older computer you could have the computer store to clean everything off it and reinstall windows xp. Wished you lived closer to me my daughter could do it for you. And you might fine a student at a schools that is into computers that would do it. But it can be done. Should be know more than $100 . Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2