Thread: So Sad
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 10:55 AM
MaggieLou

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
It may not be able to see all of the files if you don't have the right software installed. I just installed 5D Pro and EQ onto Win 8.1 and had to do it a few times. It installed but wouldn't open all modules. I had to uninstall and then reinstall. You might check when putting your flash drive in as well, sometimes you get a message popup saying installing drivers for it, let it do it automatically so that it knows what its reading. I almost took 8 back because its such a large learning curve but in a yr or two it'll be mandatory plus I work in the IT field and we will eventually switch to it when all the vendors are compliant with their programs. 8.1 is better than 8 and its free to update to 8.1. Also, Microsoft has some good tutorials for 8 that has helped find things.
I think I understand what you're saying but my problem is with my emb. mach. not seeing all the designs on the flash drive. Would Win. 8 affect that? I do have Win 8.1 on my computer. I hate to think I'll have to download them on my laptop with XP. It's slower than Methusala.