Thread: So Sad
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:51 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
indeed there is something that can be done, and the cheapest route is a used laptop with XP installed. Your software will run in 7 & 8 OS if you have 32bit processor. However the newer computers most all have 64 bit, which is not compatible with the older embroidery softwares. If you have Mac Pro with bootcamp, Win7 Ultimate or Professional...you can partition and install XP in virtual mode...only for emb use-- not to go on line. Tech fee, buying the XP software, etc....that's why you would be better off buying used XP computer. Just use it for your software, not for browsing. Can you see light now? I have - ta da! - 4 XP laptops simply for this very reason...back up for my embroidery. I will not spend thousands for NEW programs. Keep hoping there will be enough protest that Microsoft, or the software makers will eventually create a ' patch' that allows us to use our expensive programs. Off my soapbox now!
5D Pro and EQ7 both ran on my older 64 bit. I have a new one that is 64 and had to install/uninstall a few times with rebooting in between to get them to work right. They'd work but some of the modules wouldn't open. Right now its cheap to buy a XP laptop or computer because alot of people think they can't use them because they aren't supported. I'd go with another device instead of partioning the HD.