Old 09-01-2014, 08:19 PM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
A couple of years ago I gave a lady a sewing machine and some of my fabric I didn't think I would ever use. I wanted to do this to help her. I found out in the last year that she probably sold the machine for drug money and I have no idea what happened to the fabric that she had big plans for. Sometimes I'm a pushover for helping people. I'm beginning to be more selective with my "handouts". I guess the old saying is true..."you live and learn".
Teddybear I can so relate to this, but mine was the opposite I bought fabric from a (I wont say lady ..now) female & heard a long sob story and seen her selling more & more on FB I bought a lot & figured she was going through hard times and she had children, the last fabric I bought from her, we met her at a convenience store and to help her out gave her $20 and filled her gas tank. As my husband calls it we were "snake bit" she had gotten hooked on drugs and sold EVERYTHING she and her children owned. I don't know what ever became of her & her children. It's the children I feel the most for.