Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Edie

I have old terry hand towels that I wipe the dog's feet with before she even gets to the kitchen. "Give me paw -- Good Girl, etc." I have a hook by the back door (inside) and nail the old girl before she even gets to the first step to the kitchen, and I hang the towel on that and when it gets dirty, throw it in the rag wash and start with another towel.

When I wash the floor, it is with the traditional pail and Pinesol on the hands and knees. My husband always got mad at me - "Why don't you use a mop?" Mop meaning the sponge thing that you push something down on it and it takes the water out! I don't use a mop because I want to get in the corners and you can't clean a corner with a mop. It takes a scrub rag and a finger to get into the corners. He didn't understand that, but he gave up on it and let me do my thing. I'll use my hands and knees as long as I can, but I don't think it'll be too much longer. Arthritis has taken a pretty good hold on my hands and the knees are getting tired of moving around on the kitchen and bathroom floors.

Edie