Old 09-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Hulalulu

Feel sure that the BL shops will continue to service these machines for years -- your warranty from BL will be honored. Any maintenance agreements will continue, and be renewed by your service provider. I'll personally ask if there will be any additional upgrades for your machine.

Think how often new models of cars come out --every single year! And there are plenty of old cars around that continue to be serviced and function perfectly -- my last car was old enough to vote before he was offered up as a trade in on a newer model!

Continue to enjoy and use your wonderful machine. It was the "state of the art" when it came out in 2008. It is still an awesome machine. Remember that you too paid a tidy sum for its new technology. You know its ins and outs -- no need to make any change.

I work in a LQS -- we stock the BL, HV, Pfaff, and Juki lines. And service all machines, including some that are 30+ years old. The ones that become a problem are really old ones where replacement parts are no longer available. While the shops are ready to have faithful and dedicated BL owners move up to the new machines, they realize not everyone will be wanting to do so at this time.