View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Gramie bj

Default Enough is Enough!

I have been a quilter for many years, my, 2 Grandmothers, 3 Great grandmothers, and at least 1 Great, Great, Grandmother were all quilters. For some unknown reason I have not only inherited most of there quilts, that still survive, but everything else they used if it was not worn out. Some of it I would not part with for any thing, some of it is just taking up space, but no one wants it so here it sits, Every one in my family seems to think all I want is more sewing stuff, special rulers I will never use or want, fancy pins ( with numbers or letters on the heads), special basting gun, odd little scissors, extra feet for machines that do not fit any of my machines, I am sure you get the idea, over the years I have these and a lot of other STUFF most is still in its store packaging, never been opened. Well ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This winter my goal is to pack up everything quilty that I do not want or do not use. I have so much it might be easier to pack up what I do want and use. LOL Have already told family NO MORE SEWING SUPPLY'S for birthday or Christmas, a nice card or letter would be more appreciated Does any one else have this problem? I love my hobby, but I have run out of room, well two rooms really. I can't find any thing! Something has to go! Some days I feel like a lion tamer and need to approach the sewing area with a whip and chair. LOL