View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Default Kenmores and Bugs

I lucked into a couple nice looking Kenmores this week for 5.00 each and now WHO was that saying they didn't LIKE bugs??? Miriam? Was that you? heehee! I grabbed a Franklin with scarab decals for $15 at the salvage station.
The clear coat is a mess, but the decals are nice looking and everything on the machine moves. It looks like it was meant to treadleand there was a piece of finished wood still attached to the front. I wonder if there's a way to convert it to a handcrank?

The Kenmores are a 95 and a 1760. The 95 I lucked into at a yard sale and it wasn't actually IN the sale. I asked about machines and ended up with this one in a decent case with cams and feet and actual manuals. It has a bad belt and wiring and a couple knobs are jammed up. The owner didn't want to bother getting it serviced.

The 1760 model was at the salvage shop too with no controller or cords and a missing hook and bobbin case. I like that it has a cool removable bed conversion to free arm and when I sorted through my bins at home I found I have a cord set and the bobbin parts I need. I might even have a BIG box of cams to fit it that I had picked up awhile back for a couple bucks. I'm not really sure what other accessories to watch for with this machine and I can't find a manual on-line. Does anyone else own this machine?
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0624-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0641-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0657-640-x-426-.jpg