View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
It seems to me that ready made blouses in large sizes means you should have gorilla length arms. Don't they know our arms don't grow longer just because our behind is larger?
The thing I hate is that they think all fat people are short! All of the shirts I could buy, are way too short. Anything labeled as a tunic length is going to shop at my hip if I am lucky. I am only 5'6" but our family has very short legs and long bodies, so nothing ever fits me (with the exception of Lee jeans, for some reason they fit perfect) sewing for myself is just as frustrating. I need four patterns, or a four size pattern, just to make a pair of pants fit. When my DD was small, I made her one piece, zipper front, jump suits to play in, and had to take six inches off at the hem, and add the same amount to the waist! My biggest pet peeve is large size tank tops are always cut so most of my bra shows under my arms, and I have to either alter them, or wear a shirt over them which defeats the point of wearing a tank top!