View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Vicki1212

I LOVE the echo fan quilting suggestion! Unfortunately as I am only a beginner, I still need loads of practice with free motion quilting to reach the stage where I will feel comfortable to use it on an actual quilt. (I have been practicing on small quilt sandwiches). I definitely agree that the white HST's need 'something'. I will have a look at the website that Cathy77 suggested though as I might find something that I am comfortable doing. All the input has given me a lot to think of, especially creating texture in the white areas with a matching thread instead of a contrast thread. Doing my own quilting would definitely save me $'s and the idea of spending the money on fabric instead, is of course VERY appealing. Thank you to all of you for the very positive and helpful comments. I am feeling inspired and raring to go for quilt number three! (I wish I'd discovered quilting years ago! So much lost time!)
P.S. this pattern is so quick and easy and I absolutely loved making it! The pattern and tutorial is by Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl and can be found here http://www.jedicraftgirl.com/2014/08...riar-rose.html