Old 09-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Sewnoma

Default Saw a thrift shop machine...can't get it out of my head. Y'all are contagious.

I think I have to go back and buy it, but I'm not 100% sure why I'm so drawn to the machine.

It's a slightly boring looking machine; an older Kenmore. I went on Google this morning and found an example of what it looks like:

Not really pretty but definitely has a style of its own!

It's in a pretty nice cabinet; I couldn't find an identical one on Google but it looks sorta like this:

The cabinet folds out to the left and to the right, and on the right hand side when the top folds open there's a cubby there. This is at a thrift shop, they want $85 for it. The cubby in the cabinet is stuffed with goodies; I didn't look too closely because I didn't think I was going to buy it at the time, but I know I saw some bobbins in there, I think a manual or booklet of some kind, lots of misc threads & scissors & such, and some handwritten notes.

I didn't plug it in, but I spun the wheel and it was smooth as butter. I was amazed actually, it felt so good, like it just wanted to keep on spinning. The tag says "tested - works". It has a knee control attached to the cabinet.

I am going to go back on my lunch break and see if it's even still there. If it is, I'm going to plug it in and test it. And if it works, I think I'll probably end up buying it....my boss has a truck and has volunteered to haul it home for me.

No idea where I'm going to put it or what I'm going to do with it, but I CAN'T get this machine out of my head. I woke up an hour early this morning and found myself just laying there thinking about it.

Am I crazy? Is $85 a reasonable price for this machine, assuming it works?
Attached Thumbnails kenmore.jpg   cabinet.jpg