Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Saw a thrift shop machine...can't get it out of my head.  Y'all are contagious. >

Saw a thrift shop machine...can't get it out of my head. Y'all are contagious.

Saw a thrift shop machine...can't get it out of my head. Y'all are contagious.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:41 AM

I want the dog!!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by matraina View Post
Is it just my computer or what. I did not get any pictures, only a square - about 1/4", empty, for each thing Sewnoma is trying to point out.
My first couple of posts apparently went bad, but I re-posted and those seemed to work...did you go far enough into the thread? You have to get past the toilet, LOL.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Otherwise petroleum jelly is about the best you're going to do. Most modern greases have too high of a melting temperature to work properly.
Rodney
Thanks Rodney! I will just go for the petroleum jelly, that's something I already have on hand.

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
This brought tears to my eyes. How thoughtful of you to ask to name her for his mother. I bet he really was touched.
He was for a bit, but then he had to go and ask what my other machine's names are and I had to admit they were named things like "Old Squeaky" and "Chewbacca". But I think maybe I salvaged it, I explained that those are all my MODERN machines, and this machine is a classy dame so she needed a classy name.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
if it's a White, I've got attachments that fit - I've got so many extra White attachments . . . send me a pm if you are interested.

To make sure, measure from the presser bar (not the foot) to the needle, for White it's about .62", for most, it's right at .5" and White is the oddball that is longer. Needle will also be centered with the presser bar, not off to one side or the other.
Oh wow! What a generous offer! I am at work but I will measure tonight and find out...maybe I can trade you some fabric or something. That would be wonderful, and I need to figure out what feet fit on her anyway.

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
I have loved looking at all your pics and reading your enthusiastic comments regarding "Judy". What a lot of fun and happiness this machine has brought to you (and us!). Well worth every penny. Thanks for the smiles.
Thanks for reading! She's a great machine, I'm very happy with it. Now I keep spotting other machines with that same finish and I'm surprised at how much it's really grown on me. I spent some time last night with some graph paper and a tape measure, trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze her into the sewing room.

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
I want the dog!!
I don't blame you, but no! You can't have my old lady!! That's Paisley, she's a Lab/Husky mix (I call her a "huskador") and she just turned 13 this summer. She's such a sweet dog, she's starting to show her age in various ways but she doesn't seem to mind...in fact she often seems to still think she's a puppy and will go romping around with the other dogs, despite her arthritis and tumors and failing eyesight & hearing... I hope I'm that young-minded and carefree when I get that old!

This is our canine crew, conveniently arranged both by size and by age. Littlest is Ruby, she's about 5 now (rescue, so unsure of actual age), Owen is 8, and then there's our old lady.

This picture is 2 years old, I forgot how green grass can be when rain actually falls from the sky every once in awhile. That yard is almost completely dead now, due to the drought.
Attached Thumbnails small_medium_large.jpg