Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Is this for a wall or a bed? I've had luck with the permanent fabric markers. Depending on your fabric, paints and dyes spread in unexpected ways. I'm wondering if using a sea-colored fabric, and bleach applied with a nib pen (use Chlor Stop to neutralize) would give you a good clean outline to overdye, paint, or mark. I've used a brand of fabric dye/paint called Luminiere for gold accents that gives beautiful gilded effects. Dharma Trading has kits for under $12 with lots of colors. Dye-na-flow is good, too, for regular colors, and blends well. Kits with a batch of small bottles run the same price.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/en...ints_kits.html
While you're there, sign up for their free catalog and look through the tutorials. They have dyes and batik supplies, prepared for dye cloth, all sorts of fun things.
Supposed to be for a wall. And with the way things are going...a pretty big wall. lol.

Well, besides the sea colored fabric part (I plan on using a more "antique" look to this map---different colors of browns), it sounds do-able. The only thing I could think of that would be a problem would be the islands with very sharp or rounded edges (like Six Eye Reef or Pawprint Isle) or that have very small details. I'll keep it in mind. In the meantime, I'll look more into this Dharma Trading Company.

Sue sent me a copy of the blank sea map cnolan made up for me so I should have a colored in version pretty soon.