View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 PM
BARES

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
My daughter brought me six jars of homemade peanut butter that she made, but it has already separated. How on earth would I stir this up without breaking a wooden spoon or bending a metal one? Is there something I can stir in that will help it stay mixed? DH loves to put peanut butter and honey on his bagels, can I blend that in, and will it stay mixed? If I can't find a way to get it blended, I will end of giving it to my dogs but the spoonful as a treat. I do hate the idea of wasting so much goodness. Any ideas?
My daddy grew peanuts and we made peanut butter with them. What others said about stirring is right on but we would put ours in the fridge once mixed. It never separated as long as it was fridgerated. It don't take long to return to room temp for eating. I don't recall ever freezing it. We kept what we weren't using on a shelf, but we ate pretty fast as there were all of us kids. If you have a lot, you might want to try freezing as the oils in the peanut butter will go rancid more quickly than the store stuff.