Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Someone said ' offered by American express'. Does that mean must have an Amex card to be eligible?
No. You need to set up a Walmart account online. That's the only requirement and pretty easy to do. I did this years ago, so I could buy Walmart online items. It's like signing up for any company online; they take your information and you establish a username and password. Once you have done that and started entering your receipts (cannot be more than 7 days old), the saver thing is activated.

To redeem your savings, you have 2 different choices.

(1) You can sign up for the Amex "Bluebird Card". This is basically a card that you can load money onto (like a prepaid credit card). You can spend only what has been loaded onto the card. The good thing about this option is that you can load your card from your computer at home, then just carry the card with you to pay for purchases (same way you would use a gift card to pay for part of your purchase). Another good thing is if you sign up for this card through the Walmart savers website, Amex will double your rewards until about the middle of February. I almost signed up for this, but after reading how you give them permission to share your information with tons of advertisers indefinitely (especially your email address), I decided it's not worth it to me. Read the terms of the card carefully before deciding to get it. If you do a lot of shopping at Walmart, plan to do a lot of Christmas shopping there, and do not mind being added to a lot of advertising lists, this could be worth doing for you.

(2) The other option is to simply print out a coupon at home when you are ready to redeem. Take this with you to Walmart and hand it to the cashier when you check out. This again acts like a gift card, in that whatever is on the coupon will be appied to your purchase.

I believe only the Bluebird card can be used online; the printed-out coupons and the Bluebird card can both be used in-store.

Last edited by Prism99; 10-05-2014 at 12:05 PM.