Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App?

Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App?

I just installed it on my phone. I shop at Walmart A LOT, so I thought I would try it. I just scanned my first receipt this morning. I don't expect to find much. I know the prices at Walmart are lower than my regular grocery store, so I know I'm saving money when I do shop at Walmart, but there are some things I buy that are not available at Walmart, like my cat litter.
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

I've been entering my receipts for about 2 weeks.

I haven't tried the app, but I've been using their website to enter my receipts for several weeks now. My balance is $33-something already.

Blog Entries
    I have been using it for just over a month.

My balance is at $5.33 so far.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

dd
    I didn't know you could do it online. Thought you had to have the app. I just signed up and entered my receipt. Said it will take a couple days for the results.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Don't have a phone like that. I give my granddaughter my receipts, don't know if she has got anything yet. I mainly buy just normal stuff and they have adjusted their prices. I think someone 'shops around to make sure their prices all about the norm.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thanks for the reminder! I have been meaning to do this. And wouldn't you know, I can't find my $191 receipt! I did find one for $80 though, so we'll see what happens...it's scanning now.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    I just received another $2.34

That bring my total to $7.81.

It DOES take about 3 days (or more) to complete.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Where do you sign up on the website?
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
    Where do you sign up on the website?
    https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/ . Use the "Start Now" button.

Blog Entries
    I'm at $14.43 in 3 weeks! love this program from Walmart!

I have no idea what this is about....and I do shop at Walmart.......not many other choices unless I want to drive at least 15 miles in any direction!

I do not shop walmart-they have put too many mom & pop shops out of business. They also keep they wages low and do not treat their employes at all well. I prefer to shop at the fabric shops and local grocery shops and give them my business.
    ranbro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
    I just installed it on my phone. I shop at Walmart A LOT, so I thought I would try it. I just scanned my first receipt this morning. I don't expect to find much. I know the prices at Walmart are lower than my regular grocery store, so I know I'm saving money when I do shop at Walmart, but there are some things I buy that are not available at Walmart, like my cat litter.
    My daughter down loaded it and saved a little over 10.00 but she never did get them to let her actually use the 10.00 off. Hers was rip off if you ask me, Just my 2 cents worth. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVESES
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005 Singer 242

I started using it about a month ago. My goal is to build up the "savings" until it's big enough for a "free" grocery trip. I'm on my way with $22 accrued. Every receipt gets me something back. 😁. By the way, you get the amount saved in a Walmart gift card when you ask them to give it to you...how cool is that
    Last edited by IQuiltnFL; 10-04-2014 at 04:26 AM.

I got back $2.31 and just entered it yesterday! This should be good for saving some money!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

dd
    Just got an email. I got $3.08. Not really understanding the Blue Bird option though.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for this information. I have seen commercials on the TV but we don't have a "smart phone" - just a dumb phone - so did not think that we could do this. Hope to save a few dollars a month! Every little bit helps.
    Nikki in MO

I had been scanning my receipts also. Unfortunately I decided to collect them and scan them about once a month instead of here and there. Well, be aware if the receipt is over a week old, they do not count!
    Probably not a big loss, but still a loss. Wish I would have known.

I signed up today on the computer.
    Thank you.
    Have a nice day and a safe one too!

Wal-Marts is my huby's favorite to shop. He usually goes alone, last month saved over $15!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I wish people would answer the questions proposed on this forum instead of running off at the mouth at what the big box stores do . Low wages etc. if you have never run a big business before you won't know the ins and out . Sometimes I wish they would shut down and then see how many people would be out of a job. Those same mom and pop stores charged high prices because they could and those around them had no choice . The media love to rile up the people . Nobody is forcing people to work there . Walmart I see is about the only one that hires special needs adults as greeters and sometimes cashiers. Many are long-term employees .

Blue bird option

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Just got an email. I got $3.08. Not really understanding the Blue Bird option though.
    As I understand it and have done it, you sign up for a Blue bird card by American Express. This is free. You have many options that this card can be used for besides the walmart savings catcher but that is all I intend to use it for at this time. Anyway, you sign up, they mail you the card, you register it and then you redeem your savings catcher money to your Bluebird account. The best thing is that until sometime in early 2015 they double the amount you save. Then you can use your Bluebird card for payment at Walmart for up to the amount that you have on it. Works for me!

Blog Entries
    I checked out the app on my smartphone, and there was quite a range of reviews about it -- including glitches with being able to enter receipts (lots of ineligible receipts with no reason given) and glitches with being able to actually use the money. Those who were glitch-free loved it, but others were disappointed. I think receipts need to be entered within a week of purchase.

Thanks so much for this thread. I had never heard of Bluebird or Savings Catcher but after reading this, I am registered for both. I shop at WM often since it is about the only thing within reasonable driving distance (about 12 miles.) I will love getting some money back -- and especially love that I can double it by having it put on a Bluebird card.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast