Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App?

I don't have a smart phone so I don't think it will work for me. I call my phone DUMB DUMB as in the movie Night at the Museum. It is just a standard flip phone.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I don't have a smart phone so I don't think it will work for me. I call my phone DUMB DUMB as in the movie Night at the Museum. It is just a standard flip phone.
    You can do it on a computer; you don't have to have a smart phone. Check out https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/

Thanks for posting this. I just signed up for savings catcher and a bluebird card.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    LOL You are funny. I'm going to tell my DH this name for his flip phone which he refuses to give up or upgrade. He'll laugh, too.

Woops, forgot to answer the original question. Yes we use the Walmart app, actually our DD who lives with us along with her two sons, does it for us. It does seem to be counting up. Every little be counts, I think and we'll just let her use the savings anyway. My DH does most of our grocery shopping and often goes to the nearby Walmart.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Yeppers I use it and have almost 10.00 for an ecard .. I will probably wait till its 20.00 in savings. I use coupons and double coupons (when the stores allow it-CIty Market usually does !).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

YES YES YES... I am up to 84.00... yippee saving it up to use at Christmas.
    Remember if you use the bluebird option... (it doubles , plus some)
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Someone said ' offered by American express'. Does that mean must have an Amex card to be eligible?

I didn't know anything about it. I signed up, and when I went to enter the receipt#, the Savings Catcher info was at the bottom of the receipt. You do not have to have a Smart Phone to take advantage. You can sign up online. I'm not sure when I go to redeem it, if I can print out a coupon of some sort.

Blog Entries
    I saw this post...thanks...I downloaded on my laptop and also my Iphone. Went shopping yesterday ad scanned the recpt...still waiting for the savings, they process it for 72 hours. Thanks again!!!!

I've only scanned 4 receipts, so haven't saved anything, but the 4th one is still processing.

I'm over 35 dollars and i price match. wow what a super thing this is working out for me.

Blog Entries
    I am hoping to get enough to buy stuff for my grand baby due
    in April 2015.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Someone said ' offered by American express'. Does that mean must have an Amex card to be eligible?
    No. You need to set up a Walmart account online. That's the only requirement and pretty easy to do. I did this years ago, so I could buy Walmart online items. It's like signing up for any company online; they take your information and you establish a username and password. Once you have done that and started entering your receipts (cannot be more than 7 days old), the saver thing is activated.

To redeem your savings, you have 2 different choices.

(1) You can sign up for the Amex "Bluebird Card". This is basically a card that you can load money onto (like a prepaid credit card). You can spend only what has been loaded onto the card. The good thing about this option is that you can load your card from your computer at home, then just carry the card with you to pay for purchases (same way you would use a gift card to pay for part of your purchase). Another good thing is if you sign up for this card through the Walmart savers website, Amex will double your rewards until about the middle of February. I almost signed up for this, but after reading how you give them permission to share your information with tons of advertisers indefinitely (especially your email address), I decided it's not worth it to me. Read the terms of the card carefully before deciding to get it. If you do a lot of shopping at Walmart, plan to do a lot of Christmas shopping there, and do not mind being added to a lot of advertising lists, this could be worth doing for you.

(2) The other option is to simply print out a coupon at home when you are ready to redeem. Take this with you to Walmart and hand it to the cashier when you check out. This again acts like a gift card, in that whatever is on the coupon will be appied to your purchase.

I believe only the Bluebird card can be used online; the printed-out coupons and the Bluebird card can both be used in-store.
    Last edited by Prism99; 10-05-2014 at 12:05 PM.

I don't shop at Walmart very often, don't have one close to my home. Sounds interesting though..
    Kitty

I cashed in my savings today ... $37 and some change. With it, I bought some fabric (WOO HOO!) and a roast.

I decided to cash it in regularly instead of putting it on that "Bluebird Card", or whatever it's called. It has a LOT of negative reviews, so I was a little leery of it.

Now to build my savings up again!

Speaking of which, has anyone had a receipt that seems to be stuck on "now validating receipt"? Usually they say "now comparing prices" as soon as I enter them, but this one has been "validating" for over 24 hours how. It was a stock-up grocery run from yesterday morning, and the total was just over $200, so maybe the dollar amount is causing it to be slower to get to the "comparing prices" stage. I've triple-checked to make sure I entered the TC# correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Just got an email. I got $3.08. Not really understanding the Blue Bird option though.
    I didn't know what bluebird was either, so I researched it. I appears bluebird is a stored-value debit card -- that means you use it just like a debit card, but it is not attached to a bank account. Instead, you put money on the card and can use it just like any other debit card at any store, not just at Walmart. You can't spend more than is on the card, so you never risk being overdrawn or any of the other drawbacks of traditional debit cards.

You can put money on it in several ways. You can sign up for direct deposit of all or part of your paycheck. The absolute best part of it is that, if you put your Savings Catcher money on the bluebird card (there's a button on the Savings Catcher page that does it immediately,) you get double the Savings Catcher amount! I couldn't believe it either, but the amount you have gotten through the Savings Catcher program is MATCHED when you put it on a bluebird card. Some deal -- huh? I put about $9.00 in Savings Catcher money on the card and it became $18!! What a deal!

When I applied for the bluebird card, it came quickly -- in a week or so. I have never heard of a deal like this and I still cannot find a down side to the whole thing.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Blog Entries
    I believe that doubling of the money via bluebird ends in February.

Blog Entries
    2 weeks ago I went shopping and it cost me OVER $320.
    My savings catcher caught $8.00+ and my bluebird card
    had just came in the same day I got the notification on
    how much my savings was.

My blue bird card now has $17.00+ (some change) on it.
    This is going to come in handy for buying stuff for my grandbaby
    due in April.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2