View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:18 AM
quilt938

I don't like bargaining - at all. never have liked it. If the price corresponds to how much I want the machine I'll pay it - otherwise I pass unless they offer a lower price. I've even passed on some good prices just because I don't have time for troubleshooting and the machine wasn't on my 'must have' or 'want really bad' lists. actually not sure I have anything on those lists right now...a hot pink Morse was pretty high up a while back and still might bounce around there now and then...but apparently the singer 319 and 306 aren't high enough because I didn't bid high enough to win either and now the desire has pretty much passed. Now I'm thinking I need a handcrank or another treadle - local place has one of those Davis Vertical Feed treadles with the 'toys' available but it's higher than I want to pay though I can't say it's overpriced esp for part of the cost being to service it. I haven't tried bargaining - just asked how much it was and doubt I'll attempt bargaining - after all they're a business and need to make some profit - not like it's sitting in someone's garage taking up space.