View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
NJ Quilter

We were being harassed by a particular telemarketer at one point. I reported this company and all of the 20+ numbers they were using to Do Not Call. It got to the point, since I was getting nowhere with Do Not Call, that I called the FCC to report this company. Was told by the very nice little man there to not even bothering answering the phone. The company I called about (which I don't even remember now who it was) the FCC was in the process of prosecuting. They said that, unfortunately, because they change names; numbers; locations etc. so often it's next to impossible to prosecute these companies for any number of infractions. It's truly sad. Just recently for a 2 week period I got a robo call every morning between 8AM and 8:10AM - except on Sundays - then it was between 9-9:10AM. Thank heavens for 'nomorobo'. This is a free service. Look them up online and see if the service is available in your area. Granted, your phone still rings one time but then that's it.

The whole telemarketer thing really makes me want to get rid of our landline but DH is not inclined to do so and frankly, I want my 911 location ID readily available instead of hoping I'm pinging off of a local cell tower! Why should MY lifestyle be compromised because of these vultures???

Rant over. Thanks for listening.