View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Cogito

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
If I had the room and the expertise, I would love to have a long arm. I know it will never happen, but I do think about it from time to time.
i thought the same thing until this past weekend at AQS Des Moines. I bought the fabulous Juki 2200 QVP even with the Quilt Motion software! Never did I think that would be a reality. All I have ever seen were the $20,000-30,000+ machines!
i fell in love with my test drive of the Juki. My husband had the fantastic idea of negotiating with the Juki rep to buy the setup they had been using for Demo.....brand new out of the box just that weekend and lightly test driven. He got them to an in imaginable deal for us and they didn't have to disassemble, pack and haul back. Win win for all of us. So needless to say I am in 7th heaven! And as I know space is an issue, I currently have it set up as a 5ft since I mostly make laptop sizes. He even got them to throw in the 2 ft extension and as soon as it arrives I will extend it to 7 ft. Doesn't take up as much room as you would imagine. I still have the option of setting it up as a 10 or 12 ft but don't think I will ever need to.