Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 AM
AkAngel

Well my sil and i got together for sewing this afternoon. I had planned to work on the placemats I want to make for my neighbor for her birthday next month, but when I got up today I just didn't feel like cutting out something new, so instead
I repaired a top I had made for my nephew several years ago shortly after first started quilting. It is a stack n whack and I had used a fish fabric, well after making the top I got this bright idea of applique some fish on it (now keep in mind this might of been my second project) after cutting and gluing (dumb, a lot of fish, I never do anything small...lol) I realized I wasn't happy with it, now they were glued on and I didn't know how to get them off so it went in the drawer for about 6 years or so I think.
Well earlier this year I finally pulled it back out and worked to get most of the fish off but then I had this residue from the glue on it so I decided what the heck it had been in the drawer all this time if I wrecked it by washing it I wasn't really losing anything so I washed it and the glue did come out, but then apparently I hadn't made consistent 1/4 inch seams all the way through so some spots needed repair, it sat again. I finally got it repaired today, believe me I can certainly tell it was one of my first pieces... not good work, but I thoguht my nephew is not going to care or even notice so I'm going to piece the back tomorrow and sandwich it, because of the repairs and things I don't want to send it out to be quilted so I will tie it. But it will finally get DONE... maybe he'll get it for his bday in April or I'll put it away for next Christmas either way I'm going to finish it soon.
Muriel