View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 AM
quilt938

I'm just getting into Kenmores- I like the little ones like the 1040,1030. I also just found the 1802 - love how it sews but didn't realize at the time that the needle sits just left of center- not fully left but enough to throw off the 1/4 inch foot (if they even make one for the super high shank or whatever it's called) I'm thinking I'll use mine for aprons, placemats, etc or quilts where I don't need 1/4 inch (string quilts, all squares, paper piecing)

I inherited a bunch of estate sale/garage sale machines from my mom and they include 401, 403, 500, 503 singer. haven't had time to sew a lot on them but between the 401 and 403 I enjoyed the403 more - it doesn't have built-in stitches it's straight stitch unless I put in a cam. just seemed less intimidating

with the newer machines I've see pfaff passport and another fo$600 and $800 and I sometimes use a Janome Harmony 8080 (got on ebay several years ago under $200 - but it has to go to the shop because it rode around in he car and guess it had enough - time for it's cleaning anyways.

I just got a Kenmore low shank that I think I'll like- 1430 -not a whole lot of stitches but enough. will have to give al my machines more time to see what grows on me