What older machine for me

Old 10-14-2014, 06:21 PM

That's a model 89 Gritzner-Kayser Kenmore made in Germany in the '50s. I have one. I don't recommend it as it has a nylon/plastic cam stack that is known to be problematic.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
That's a model 89 Gritzner-Kayser Kenmore made in Germany in the '50s. I have one. I don't recommend it as it has a nylon/plastic cam stack that is known to be problematic.
Ok, so BEFORE I read your post I found this machine and am purchasing it. I didn't think that these had cams and this one has no accessories with it. Or am I missing the point here: you say "cam stack" is that where you have different cams that do different stitches?????? Please explain. And since I am already getting it....do you know where I can purchase extra presser feet and such for it???? Thanks.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by papple00 View Post
Ok, so BEFORE I read your post I found this machine and am purchasing it. I didn't think that these had cams and this one has no accessories with it. Or am I missing the point here: you say "cam stack" is that where you have different cams that do different stitches?????? Please explain. And since I am already getting it....do you know where I can purchase extra presser feet and such for it???? Thanks.
Have been doing more research and found out exactly what the "cam stack" is......don't know what all the insides are called...but am learning. So hoping that my machine will be ok...... .....i have been reading a lot of GOOD things about this machine.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Power Poster

Usually if they have a cam stack there are no external cams - there are exceptions but this one is not an exception. You can buy accessories from some of the part vendors. It looks like a low shank but hard to tell from the pictures. The machine above it looks like a high shank.

Last edited by miriam; 10-17-2014 at 11:19 PM.