View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 AM
sparkys_mom

I haven't been to that many workshops but I'm coming to understand that I don't do all that well in them. First and foremost, there usually isn't enough space! The last one I attended I had a work space for cutting that was about 12x12 inches. And then there is the pressing as it seems everyone needs the iron at the same time.

I've done much better in classes that ran over a few weeks and had homework. That takes the pressure off. I get as much done as I can in the class but I know I can finish at home.

Honestly, for a one day workshop I'd most of the time just prefer to spend the money on a Craftsy class.

My guild meets once a month but that is usually to hear a speaker and we also do show and tell, but no sewing.

I do go to a Sit and Stitch group that meets twice a month. That's a totally different situation. I bring whatever I'm currently working on and do as much or as little as I feel like doing. A lot of the people don't bring machines but prefer to do handwork. It is quite social and I enjoy it very much. If there isn't adequate workspace, I socialize. There isn't any pressure. We also meet a couple of times a year for all day sewing sessions where we work on charity quilts and those are a lot of fun.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 10-13-2014 at 04:49 AM.