View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:35 AM
mpspeedy2

Hi, I am from Maryland also. I live in Carroll County just below the PA line. I belonged to a huge quild for years. I haven't been to their meetings in several years now. They have lots of good speakers etc. but the current crop of members are often rude and gab while the speaker etc. is doing their presentation. The older I have gotten the less I like going out at night. It is not worth my time to go where I am uncomfortable. I joined a small group, about 5 or so who meet every other Wednesday and do whatever they want. These days most of my sewing is Linus quilts and Princess Pillowcase dresses. When I go to the group I usually just take handwork. The newest project I have taken on is making shrouds for premature babies who didn't survive. There is an organization that collects wedding gowns and distributes them to those willing to make the little gowns. My step-daughter, who is a neo-natal Nurse put me on to the project. It is a worthy cause but when I finish this batch of gowns I am going to quit. Working with the slippery fabric gets on my last nerve.