View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:00 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
If you Google "caller id spoofing" you will find that there are websites that help you do this! Apparently it's been around about as long as caller ID has been around.
This is so true. A week ago some guy called, slurring his words and accusing me of putting a note on his car with my number saying I hit his car. I told him that wasn't me and he started cussing at me. I get mad when anyone does that. Finally I said that if he called again I was turning it over to the police because its a federal offense to cuss over the phone lines. All week was quiet, then this weekend while at my grandson's game I got the call again. I stopped it short telling him I was calling the police. I started walking back to the stands and here comes my son and his girl and he's holding up his phone with a recording of the whole thing. That little bugger (trust me, if I said what I really called him, I'd be kicked off this board) he set me up. There is a place they can go to do this, different messages, calls are from different numbers so they can't be blocked. I told him that the first call really made me angry so that was why I was so upset with him.

I hate now that its getting to be voting season, we'll start getting automated calls wanting endorsements. You can't do anything about them and they are supposed to be from people who want to represent us. Not even. I was told once that the do no call list, first of all expires and its so specific that it is easy for people to call you and not break that rule. I tried it once, didn't help at all.