Thread: Besides quilts?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 04:06 AM
citruscountyquilter

I have made a lot of burp cloths. I make mine out of flannel with warm and natural batting in the middle. I make them like you make a rag quilt and after washing the edges fuzz out. This eliminated any turning and finishing. They are a nice weight with the batting and very absorbent. I've gotten rave reviews from the new mothers I've given them too. I've made changing pads using the same method only making them larger.

I made my daughter a diaper bag when she had her first child. She is now using it on child number 3 and loves it. I also made a small bag and used insulbright. It is the right size for a spare diaper and any snack, bottle etc to take along. I had one when my kids were little and it saved me from lugging a big diaper bag to some places like church.

When my kids were little car seats had vinyl covers that got hot and cold and sticky to sit on so I made a quilted cover for the car seat. It was also easy to throw in the washer so the car seat looked nicer. Now the car seats have more cloth coverings but still get yucky from spilled snacks and such so a removable cover might be an idea too. You would need the car seat to do it though.